[Catalyst] Rendering static pages in root/

Christopher H. Laco claco at chrislaco.com
Thu Jul 6 19:24:29 CEST 2006

A. Pagaltzis wrote:
> * Jesse Sheidlower <jester at panix.com> [2006-07-06 18:55]:
>> It's the default behavior for Static::Simple--read the docs.
>> Files with an .html extension are processed by Catalyst (i.e.
>> are not served statically).
>
> I still think it’s a stupid default and find that the fact that
> every so often someone will stumble over this and quizzically
> post to the list constitutes empirical proof. :-)
>
> Regards,

I agree. If you've stuff templating into your .html/.xhtml files, then
the burdon should be on those to change the defaults, not the people who
use .html files as they were intended: static files.

But to counterpoint, as long as everything in root/static is servers as
static, even if it's a .tt file, then always put your static stuff in
root/static. :-)

-=Chris