[Catalyst] Effective user id ?

Nathaniel Nuss ogmoid at gmail.com
Fri Jul 7 06:38:40 CEST 2006

In the app I'm working on we would like to have 'manager' (role) users
who would do actions and appear to the app just as if they were the user
they are managing (effective UID) - except I'd log their actions with
their real user id. I'd also need these manager users to be logged in
concurrently with users they may be managing without secondarily
affecting them (which may mean I can't mess around in the session??).

[These manager users would also have a menu of other actions specific to
their role that would not be interested in effective id.]

I like the Authen/Authz plugins and have made wide use of them and
$c->user and I would like to keep doing that (or be informed if that is
not the current vogue).

I have not seen this obviously implemented elsewhere. I may have a fair
bit of other work before I will get to this but thought it would be best
to ask early. So. Any strategies or pointers for doing this? Have I
seriously missed this somewhere?

TIA

--
Nate Nuss