[Catalyst] [Announce] Catalyst 5.7000

Nilson Santos Figueiredo Junior acid06 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 8 03:32:28 CEST 2006

On 7/7/06, Marcus Ramberg <marcus.ramberg at gmail.com> wrote:
> One major focus in this release has been improving the Tutorial and
> Introduction parts of the Catalyst manual, as well as a complete review of
> the reference API documentation and the Cookbook. While we acknowledge that
> there is still much to be done, we hope this release will make it easier for
> new users to learn and enjoy Catalyst.

Good job.

This documentation boost will be very useful for me, since I'm
currently instructing other developers at $work on how to use
Catalyst. If I succeed at my task (i.e. don't scare them off with a
flood of information so that they can actually grasp how the framework
works), Catalyst will probably become the "platform" of choice for our
newer developments.

I'm also eager to try out the ActionClass templates and the chained
actions (I always thought something like this'd be a good idea, but I
never imagined how it could be sanely implemented).

I'll give it a try right away. ;)

-Nilson Santos F. Jr.