[Catalyst] [Announce] Catalyst 5.7000

Brandon Black blblack at gmail.com
Tue Jul 11 17:35:23 CEST 2006

On 7/11/06, Nilson Santos Figueiredo Junior <acid06 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 7/11/06, Vlad Bazon <vlad.bazon at gmail.com> wrote:
> > the existing old's Cat-applications will continue to simply work if you
> > update
> > libcatalyst-perl to 5.7000-1, IF you will not use a Controller::Root
> > component
> > (and also,  not imply a <sub end : ActionClass('RenderView')>).
>
> Here everything seems to be working alright and I use a root
> controller. But I'm still using the DefaultEnd plugin.

I suspect that I've seen and worked around some sort of related issue
recently.  There definitely *seems* to be something odd about requests
for the application root and "::Root" controllers with namespace = '',
and what the path seems to be, etc.  In my case, it made ::Root:index
not work right in certain cases, but I was able to work around the
issue by using :Path('/');  I couldn't tell for sure if it was just a
local issue in my app though.

-- Brandon