[Catalyst] ::Model::SomeTable->some_method() problem

Ash Berlin ash at cpan.org
Thu Jul 13 13:49:21 CEST 2006

Chisel Wright wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 11, 2006 at 10:51:15AM +0100, Chisel Wright wrote:
>
>> Do I have a corrupt install after upgrading, or is this a bug?
>>

> OK, I've tried this on:
>
>   Ubuntu, upgraded catalyst
>   Gentoo, upgraded catalyst
>   Ubuntu, totally fresh install, fresh catalyst
>
> All three fail to locate the ::Model::Class object method running under
> the Catalyst server/test scripts.
>
> Is anyone else using 5.7 and models with extra user-defined functions?
>
> I'm just surprised that this seems to be happening everywhere for me,
> and no-one else seems to have any problem.
>

> Does anyone have 5-10 minutes to try the test(s) I outlined in my
>
> Chisel

I haven't actually run your test since I don't have Pg installed.

A few things tho:

1) You should really think about converting to DBIC::Schema instead.
2) What version were you upgrading from?
3) Did you also upgrade anything else?

And the key thing here:

4) You probably want some_method to be a method on the result_set: i.e.
something like the following:
http://search.cpan.org/~jrobinson/DBIx-Class-0.06003/lib/DBIx/Class/ResultSetManager.pm

Ash