[Catalyst] ::Model::SomeTable->some_method() problem

Will Hawes info at whawes.co.uk
Thu Jul 13 16:19:27 CEST 2006

Chisel Wright wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 13, 2006 at 12:49:21PM +0100, Ash Berlin wrote:
>> 1) You should really think about converting to DBIC::Schema instead.
>
> Yes, I'd like to, but I have no idea where to start.

The number of users still using a class-based approach must be very
small by now so I think you'd have a better chance of getting this fixed
by switching to Schema.

I fretted for quite a while about switching, thinking it must be
terribly complicated. IIRC it was about as difficult as making the base
model class inherit from Schema and changing "use base" in the other
classes and took me about 20 minutes. It also improved the startup time
of my app by several orders of magnitude.

You should find what you need at
http://search.cpan.org/dist/DBIx-Class/lib/DBIx/Class/Manual/Intro.pod.