[Catalyst] Authentication::Store::DBIC worksundermyapp_server.pl but not Apache/mod_perl

Rodney Broom rbroom+catalyst at rbroom.com
Fri Jul 28 02:58:03 CEST 2006

Problem apparently gone away, but not without concern.

I finally upgraded to Catalyst 5.7001. Again, it works through myapp_server.pl, but now starting apache gives me a short list of 'redefined subroutine' messages and dies on faulure to load MyApp::Model::Main::Test. (I suppose I could have been getting the 'redefined' messages before, I don't know.) This death was pretty confusing, since the module doesn't exist and nobody ~should~ be trying to require|use it, right? In an act of deperation, I removed the (single) 'PerlModule MyApp' line from httpd.conf and everything suddenly worked.

Pulling the PerlModule line is a serious new one on me. Especially since I claim to know mod_perl pretty well. I had it in my head that PerlHandler needed to have the module loaded first. But the doc is pretty clear:

      PerlHandler   Apache::Registry

  Would load Registry.pm (if it is not already)
  and call it's subroutine "handler".

---
Rodney Broom