[Catalyst] Catalyst testing

Kieren Diment diment at gmail.com
Mon Jul 31 04:23:23 CEST 2006

Ah, the other filesystem blog thingy author :)

Here's how I did it:

in each test file that needs the config I have:
require 't/lib/util.pl'; # contains change_config sub below
use PodCMS;
my $mech = Test::WWW::Mechanize::Catalyst->new;
change_config (PodCMS->config);

then in t/util.pl:

sub change_config {
    my $config = shift;
    my $root =  dir($config->{root_dir});
    my $newroot = $root->parent;
    $newroot = $newroot->subdir('t')->subdir('root');
    $config->{root_dir} = $newroot;
}

of course you can use YAML qw/LoadFile/ and use that to instantiate your
current config rather than overriding specific values which is what I did.