[Catalyst] Validating RSS feeds

Jonathan Rockway jon at jrock.us
Mon Jul 31 21:51:20 CEST 2006

Thanks for the info.  I was kinda confused about the whole thing.
Apparently there are 9 formats, all alike, but all incompatible.  I
thought RSS 2.0 would be "the best" since it did everything I wanted it
to, and had the official-sounding name.  (I tried Atom initially, but
ran into limitations with XML::Feed::Atom; namely that I couldn't
specify both links and guids, and that I couldn't put in both content
and a description... or something like that.)

Oh, and your module looks like it's exactly what I need.  Thanks!  It
seems everyone wants to use URLs as unique ids, but URLs change all the
time.  Glad to see that you're using UUIDs.  :)

(BTW, is there a standard way to look up a UUID on someone's site?  I
don't expose this functionality in my software right now, but it's used
internally and could be exposed if useful to others.)

Regards,
Jonathan Rockway