[Catalyst] Catalyst Documentation

Matt S Trout dbix-class at trout.me.uk
Thu Jun 1 18:01:31 CEST 2006

Thomas Hartman wrote:
> "Mason seems to require custom systems in place, and iirc from when I
> looked into mason, a long time ago, also requires mod_perl, a problem
> in a shared hosting environment. "
>
> When I tried catalyst on a shared environment, it croaked in
> dependency hell. Have things improved any?

Then you didn't get the CPAN configuration right :)

Seriously, I've been doing shared-hosting installs without too much pain
since 5.30 or so, and given one of our main lines of business is
Catalyst application development and consultancy and we haven't gone
bust yet, I suspect most of the clients were happy with the results.

Rather than just saying "it croaked", try configuring CPAN for a local
install and using the cat-install script I wrote (referred to by others
in this thread as "the shadowcat installer") and report back any
problems you run into - that would be rather more constructive.