[Catalyst] Catalyst Documentation

Thomas Hartman thomashartman1 at googlemail.com
Thu Jun 1 19:16:20 CEST 2006

Hi Matt, I did that and reported back to the group, it's in another thread.

Things have *definitely* improved in the past several months.

My test for "is catalyst installed enough" is running the InstantCRUD
sample app builder with a mysql back end, since this is simple to do
but requires a *lot* of dependencies. If I can do this -- and I think
I'll have this sorted out soon -- I'm going to do a bit of wiki
cleanup.

What I have in mind is to deprecate references to catInABox (which
doesn't even have DBIC), and give more emphasis to the shadowcat
installer. I will also give a more positive report that getting an up
to date catalyst environment on dreamhost is doable, since this is now
true, or close to true.

Thanks to everyone that worked on getting the install smoother.