[Catalyst] Do you dojo?

Shawn Ferris shawnmferris at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 2 07:35:47 CEST 2006

I've been pluggin away at this stuff for the last few weeks.. I would agree, the documentation is lacking.. fortunately, they do have the examples. (http://dojotoolkit.org/examples)

It's been quite the learning curve for me.. By trade I'm a Database engineer.. I've done minimal html, no javascript and never heard of Catalyst and/or Ajax before 3-4 weeks ago.. (plenty of perl though) And so far.. I'm making pretty good head way on this stuff. I'm currently using the following widgets with success: (under catalyst of course)

      dojo.require("dojo.widget.AccordionContainer");
      dojo.require("dojo.widget.Button2");
      dojo.require("dojo.widget.Checkbox");
      dojo.require("dojo.widget.ContentPane");
      dojo.require("dojo.widget.Dialog");
      dojo.require("dojo.widget.DropdownDatePicker");
      dojo.require("dojo.widget.Editor");
      dojo.require("dojo.widget.LayoutContainer");
       dojo.require("dojo.widget.SplitContainer");
      dojo.require("dojo.widget.TabContainer");
      dojo.require("dojo.widget.Tree");
      dojo.require("dojo.widget.Tooltip");
      dojo.require("dojo.widget.validate");
      dojo.require("dojo.crypto.SHA256");

As well as dojo.io.bind to submit my forms to the database.. But.. It's been a struggle.. However.. if I can do it.. ANYONE can do it. 8D There is "just" enough info out there .. you just gotta find it. If it's the widgets you are after.. those are really just html tags.. there's very little mystery there. <div dojoType='dropdowndatepicker' ... >, <textarea class='dojo-Editor' ... >

etc.. if you have specific questions.. this list has been extremely responsive to mine.. ;D </throw_under_bus>

Good luck! -- and a quick shout out to the Catalyst developers.. great stuff! (I wouldn't be half as far as I am w/o this killer framework)

SMF 8D