[Catalyst] Bring C::P::Authentication::LDAP up to current standards

Drew Taylor taylor.andrew.j at gmail.com
Mon Jun 5 20:10:57 CEST 2006

Hi all,

I'm starting on a new project at $work and I wanted to try LDAP
authentication against Active Directory. After a bit of exploring the LDAP
tree with JXplorer I figured out the right dn/cn/etc to do my authentication
(we have an odd tree apparently). Authentication now works (with a
user_prepend patch)! BUT C::P::A::LDAP is not compliant with the new and
improved C::P::Authentication. What would be involved in bringing it up to
speed? I could probably do it at $work and contribute the results back if I
ask nicely. I suspect it will mostly be using $c->user instead of
$c->request->{user}.

I've been using catalyst for a while now, but have not done any plugin
hacking before.

Thanks,
Drew
Drew Taylor                 *  Web development & consulting
Email: drew at drewtaylor.com  *  Site implementation & hosting
Web  : www.drewtaylor.com   *  perl/mod_perl/DBI/mysql/postgres