[Catalyst] Bring C::P::Authentication::LDAP up to current standards

Adam Jacob adam at stalecoffee.org
Mon Jun 5 20:44:17 CEST 2006

On Jun 5, 2006, at 11:10 AM, Drew Taylor wrote:
> I'm starting on a new project at $work and I wanted to try LDAP
> authentication against Active Directory. After a bit of exploring
> the LDAP tree with JXplorer I figured out the right dn/cn/etc to do
> my authentication (we have an odd tree apparently). Authentication
> now works (with a user_prepend patch)! BUT C::P::A::LDAP is not
> compliant with the new and improved C::P::Authentication. What
> would be involved in bringing it up to speed? I could probably do
> it at $work and contribute the results back if I ask nicely. I
> suspect it will mostly be using $c->user instead of $c->request->
> {user}.
>
> I've been using catalyst for a while now, but have not done any
> plugin hacking before.

You want to use Catalyst::Plugin::Authentication::Store::LDAP.

http://search.cpan.org/~holoway/Catalyst-Plugin-Authentication-Store-
LDAP-0.04/

It works with the new Authentication/Authorization modules, and
should be flexible enough to do what you need.  If it's not, I'm the
maintainer, so feel free to send patches to the list. (or to me
privately)

Adam