[Catalyst] setting/getting session data from within tests

Daniel McBrearty danielmcbrearty at gmail.com
Mon Jun 5 21:01:18 CEST 2006

"Please don't.

Geography != language.

Some countries have many languages. Sometimes geo-ip databases get
it wrong. Sometimes the user lives in a foreign contry but has set
the language otherwise.

I hate google for popping up in hebrew and making me reselect
english every time i switch computer."

I know. But bear in mind that a great number of users out there don't
even know how to set a browser preference. That's reality. Quite a few
don't even know how to change the home page. I spent half an hour
yesterday helping out my mother in law, still using IE and home page
still set to microsoft/whatever.

Most discussions on these subjects take place between people who are
technically articulate, but most users aren't.

And it's MUCH easier for most users to change the setting via the
language via the web page itself than tools->options->whatever.

Geography != language is true, but it's not a bad first guess, if
you're stuck with that. India has about 60 languages, but if you go
for Hindu, you have a fair chance of being right.

--
Daniel McBrearty
email : danielmcbrearty at gmail.com
www.engoi.com : the multi - language vocab trainer