[Catalyst] setting/getting session data from within tests

Daniel McBrearty danielmcbrearty at gmail.com
Mon Jun 5 21:45:47 CEST 2006

> This stuff Just Works less often but *FAR* more accurately than ip
> based language selection.

That's the crux of the problem. I wonder if that is true? I have also
heard the opposite (webmasters complainng about getting complaints
from users for "forcing" people to use Portuguese/whatever ....)

The main thing is to have a clear way for the user to select *via the
web interface*, and *from all pages*. if that had been the case, your
squirrelmail thing wouldn't have been a problem if they'd done that.

The current engoi keeps a log of the mative language that users
actually *selected*, if I get some time I might start logging what the
browser is saying about language and how well it corresponds. Would be
interesting.

--
Daniel McBrearty
email : danielmcbrearty at gmail.com