[Catalyst] question about Catalyst and sharing data between different sessions

Perrin Harkins perrin at elem.com
Wed Jun 7 13:49:10 CEST 2006

denis at uzvik.kiev.ua wrote:
> Does anybody knows how Catalyst shares data between different users/sessions?

Using a database or files.

> I have idea to cache all used stateless objects (all
> pages/validators/lists) at startup

Do you have some reason to think that creating them is slow?  I suggest
you profile it and see.

> I.e just create 'object pool' (maybe
> we could use Memcached for this?)

The cost of serializing objects with Storable and sending them back and
forth to memcached is going to be higher than just creating them on the
fly, unless you have to do some kind of heavy SQL queries to create them.

- Perrin