[Catalyst] question about Catalyst and sharing data between different sessions

Marcello Romani mromani at ottotecnica.com
Wed Jun 7 16:35:19 CEST 2006

denis at uzvik.kiev.ua ha scritto:
> Hi,
> Does anybody knows how Catalyst shares data between different users/sessions?
> I have idea to cache all used stateless objects (all
> pages/validators/lists) at startup and then just use it by unique ID references from different pages. I.e just create 'object pool' (maybe we could use Memcached for this?) and use it from catalyst pages.
>
> Any comment would be appreciated.

There is already a specialized plugin for pages:

Catalyst::Plugin::PageCache

Also, I think that sessions are not the proper tool to use for
implementing a (global) 'object pool'.
I think you'd better create a global cache using one of the cache
modules, then, when needed, you could copy an object into a user's
session getting it via the cache (which will create it automatically if
needed).

HTH

--
Marcello Romani