[Catalyst] [OT] can't connect to postgresql ...

Daniel McBrearty danielmcbrearty at gmail.com
Thu Jun 8 16:24:44 CEST 2006

so I created a user for my app to connect as, set a password ...

CREATE ROLE someone LOGIN PASSWORD 'password';

yet I can't connnect with my modwl OR from the command line:

daniel at roomatthetop:~/work/trunk/Engoi$ psql -Usomeone engoi -W
Password for user someone:
psql: FATAL:  Ident authentication failed for user "someone"

I've been looking at the postgres manual for the last hour ... time to
go for a walk in the sun I think.

Any ideas though? what simple, essential, slightly obscure step have I
missed ... ?

--
Daniel McBrearty
email : danielmcbrearty at gmail.com