[Catalyst] YAML vs. *

Matt S Trout dbix-class at trout.me.uk
Fri Jun 9 19:48:26 CEST 2006

Nilson Santos Figueiredo Junior wrote:
> On 6/9/06, Matt S Trout <dbix-class at trout.me.uk> wrote:
>> We already did that. What we're discussing here is whether YAML should remain
>> the default.
>
> I really never bothered reading ConfigLoader's docs because it is one
> of those things that really DWIM in Catalyst.
>
> But now I really don't get what's the point of this "default format"
> discussion if ConfigLoader doesn't have only one default format. What
> exactly will that mean?

"What catalyst.pl generates", largely.

Or which formats we make sure are documented with examples in the tutorial.

Or whatever.

I mostly started this conversation to see what people thought of YAML versus
everything else, and what other formats they considered easier/not easier/etc.

And because it's already been mentioned a few times various places and I
figured it'd be nice to have the conversation in one place, all at once.