[Catalyst] YAML vs. *

Carl Franks fireartist at gmail.com
Fri Jun 9 22:14:43 CEST 2006

Wow, this is a long thread for only 4 hours!

I dislike YAML, but I still prefer it to the other options you suggested.

The main reason I dislike it is everytime I need to add an array to a
cat config file, I need to either find a previous application that had
an array in it's config file, or start up a shell and dump an array,
because I can never remember the syntax.

I think what would make me happy would be to simply have the
auto-generated yaml config file have a half-dozen or so lines of
comments at the top, containing a brief overview of the syntax and any
vital reminders such as "Don't use tabs!"

Good idea?

Carl