[Catalyst] YAML vs. *

John Napiorkowski jjn1056 at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 11 06:34:07 CEST 2006

Hi,

I'm getting this feeling this debate is winding down
with the end of the weekend, but just some last two
cents; I would seriously prefer anything that is not
reliant on spaces, tabs or other semi-invisible
characters for syntax purposes.  Yes, you can set your
text editor to help smooth over this, but then I end
up setting up my editor differently for YAML verses
what I do for code.

Also having whitespace characters used this way seems
very anti-perl.  I know YAML was developed by perl
programmers first, but it really feels unnatural to
me.  Reminds me of that summer where I had to write
everything in python :)

Anyway I am sure this was already argued in one of the
posts I failed to see.  I doubt we will find something
we can all agree on, but I hope we can find a good
default that helps grow the community.  -john