[Catalyst] StackTrace hiding errors?

Mark Blythe list at markblythe.com
Sun Jun 11 06:55:54 CEST 2006

The StackTrace plugin sounded like a godsend, but it seems to be
causing trouble for me.  Tonight, I spent a lot of time debugging what
turned out to be a problem with my database connection info, but the
Catalyst debug page was only reporting:

Caught exception in MyApp::C::Root->end "Couldn't render template
"file error - admin/edit: not found" at
/Library/Perl/5.8.6/Catalyst/Plugin/MortalForward.pm line 24."

I experimented with removing various plugins (including
MortalForward), and as soon as I removed StackTrace, the debug page
started showing the actual error:

Caught exception in MyApp::C::Admin->edit
"DBIx::Class::ResultSet::find(): DBI Connection failed: Access denied
for user 'xxx'@'localhost' (using password: YES) at
/.../../lib/MyApp/C/Admin.pm line 24"

I also tried all of the different StackTrace "verbose" settings, but
they made no difference.

Has anybody else had this problem?

I'm currently running:

Catalyst 5.6902