[Catalyst] questions

Joe Landman landman at scalableinformatics.com
Wed Jun 14 18:30:06 CEST 2006

Hi folks:

   This is more of an update-my-understanding question.  I started
playing with Catalyst about 9 months ago, and quickly moved development
over to it.  Our last update was 5.61.

   What we are doing requires a number of simple things.  Handle logins
and authentication against a database, restrict access to pages based
upon roles/permissions in the database, as well as timed expiration of
sessions, and storing session state on the server if possible.

   Catalyst had bits to do this some months ago, and we started working
with them.  But it has evolved so rapidly since then that we are
concerned we are not using up-to-date code/plugins/tech.

   Is there a set of currently suggest plugins, and sample code that we
should be looking at?  Pointers/RTFM welcome with pointer to the FM or
FD which are relevant for this. Thanks!

Joe