[Catalyst] Problem with Catalyst Authorization

Yuval Kogman nothingmuch at woobling.org
Fri Jun 23 19:30:43 CEST 2006

On Fri, Jun 23, 2006 at 13:07:25 -0400, hlampert at earthlink.net wrote:
> Hello Matt,
>
> I apologize for writing to you directly, but I can not post to the Catalyst mailing list from work - my relayed e-mails are rejected by the mail server.
>
> I notice you post a lot on the mailing list and was wondering if you could help me with a problem I am having getting DBIx::Class based authorization to work.  I believe I have set everything up correctly  for role based authorization and authentication works fine, however when I try to call $c->assert_user_roles I get an error.  I have spent days digging into the DBIx::Class code - if I can't figure it out soon I will be forced to write my own authorization code, which of course I would prefer not to do.
>
> My Application's name is LBBWCompliance.  I am running Catalyst 5.65 on a Windows based system using the PPM's available from the repositories of  ActiveState , The University of Winnipeg, and ngmedia.net.  The error I get is:
>
>     Caught exception in LBBWCompliance::Controller::Authentication->login "Tried to insert non-reference in a Set::Object at C:/Perl/site/lib/Catalyst/Plugin/Authentication/Store/DBIC/User.pm line 65."

It looks like your Set::Object is very old. Looking at Set::Object's
changelog:

	http://search.cpan.org/dist/Set-Object/Changes.pod#1.08_01%2C_12_Jan_2005

You should upgrade to any version >= 1.09 =)

I'll add an explicit dependency for a newer version for the next
release.

--
  Yuval Kogman <nothingmuch at woobling.org>
http://nothingmuch.woobling.org  0xEBD27418