[Catalyst] [announce] Catalyst 5.70 developer release.

Matt S Trout dbix-class at trout.me.uk
Thu Jun 29 00:17:49 CEST 2006

Krzysztof Krzyżaniak wrote:
> Matt S Trout <dbix-class at trout.me.uk> writes:
>
>> Krzysztof Krzyżaniak wrote:

>>> It's packagers problem, I know. I am changing in debian package to
>>> 'normal' version scheme. But then debian/watch doesn't work. But this is
>>> really minor problem.
>> Define "normal" ?
>
> for example: first 5.6902, then 5.70_1 then 5.70. From debian point of
> view 5.70 is before 5.6902, 5.70_1 is invalid (so probably should be
> changed to 5.70.01 but then it's after 5.70 so probably should be changed
> into 5.69-5.70pre1 etc.). But this is minor problem, it's only make
> automatic tools blind but always can be changed manualy.

5.70_01 IS A DEV RELEASE. So you don't want to be packaging it anyway.

The _ is required for CPAN to understand it's a dev release. If you want a
different format, feel free to convince the CPAN admins to change that.

>> The next production release will be 5.7000 - what's the problem with that?
>
> But will be tar.gz named Catalyst-Runtime-5.70.tar.gz or
> Catalyst-Runtime-5.7000.tar.gz? It makes difference with automatic
> upgradind tools.

5.7000 - dists will be Dist-Name-<version>.tar.gz just like they've always
been, just like every dist installer I've ever used (i.e. EUMM, MI, MB) builds
them.

Relax, don't try to package the dev releases, the production release which
actually needs packaging will be fine.