[Catalyst] DBIC model and mpm_winnt threads in MP2.0 Engine

Ryan Parr ryan.catalyst at gmail.com
Tue Mar 7 19:00:31 CET 2006

I've just finished setting up Catalyst/MP2/Apache2 on a Windows 2003
server. Everything is working until I attempt to use a model class.
Any attempt throws the following exception:

<error>
Caught exception in MyApp::Controller::Scratch::DBICDump->default
"DBD::mysql::db FETCH failed: handle 2 is owned by thread 1ca863c not
your driver may need a CLONE method added) at
C:/OptSoftware/Perl/site/lib/DBIx/Class/Storage/DBI.pm line 125."
</error>

This happens whether I use $c->model('DB::Table') or
MyApp::Model::DB::Table to instantiate, and regardless of whether or
not there are relationships setup in the class.

I can create a database handel using DBI directly without issue but
simply cannot use the DBIx::Class model. Has anyone seen this issue?
Easily solvable? The only result from a google search appears to be
one other person asking the same question without response :)

Your advice is appreciated. Thanks,
--
Ryan