[Catalyst] Model go boom in 5.66

Christopher H. Laco claco at chrislaco.com
Tue Mar 14 03:53:29 CET 2006

I just upgraded to 5.66, and restarted working on my site conversion to
Catalyst.

I did the usual catalyst.pl HandelSite; *create.pl view TT TT, setup
some pages, turned on the Root::end and everything was just dandy. A
generic TT page was being served.

Then I added an SVN model:

*create.pl model SVN SVN http://path/to/repo/

I run *server.pl, and the site starts up just fine. However, after
adding the model, every page request fails with:

> Caught exception in HandelSite::Model::SVN->process "HandelSite::Model::SVN did not override Catalyst::Component::process at /usr/local/share/perl/5.8.7/Catalyst/Action.pm line 46"

That's damn odd. What the heck so some generic TT pages have to do with
the model?

Here's the model:

> package HandelSite::Model::SVN;
> use strict;
> use warnings;
> use base 'Catalyst::Model::SVN';
>
> __PACKAGE__->config(
>     repository => 'http://handelframework.com/svn/CPAN/Handel/',
>     revision => 'HEAD'
> );
>
> 1;

The version of Catalyst::Model::SVN is here:
http://search.cpan.org/src/CLACO/Catalyst-Model-SVN-0.04/lib/Catalyst/Model/SVN.pm

It was build back when 5.33 was the latest, and it subclasses
Catalyst::Base.

I thought something that simple would be backwards compatable.
Apparently not.

However, what I'm more concerned about is how an unused model (I have no
controllers code, let alone ant controller code that reverences it) can
bork view processing?

Anyone?

-=Chris