[Catalyst] A note on AS Perl 5.8.8 install problems with Catalyst and other modules

Nilson Santos Figueiredo Junior acid06 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 15 18:06:10 CET 2006

On 3/15/06, Emanuele Zeppieri <ema_zep at libero.it> wrote:
> The problem is probably the one described here, on the top:
> http://search.cpan.org/src/AUTRIJUS/Module-Install-0.61/Changes
>
> So you should try to upgrade Module::Install to ver. 0.61 (then let the
> world know if it works or not).

Maybe I'm missing something here, but does the installed version of
Module::Install affects the instalation of new modules at all?

I mean, Module::Install already bundles itself with very module that
uses it for distribution.

So shouldn't Catalyst be updated to use Module::Install 0.61? Or could
you explain exactly what Module::Install actually does?

-Nilson Santos F. Jr.