[Catalyst] CDBI vs DBIx

Nilson Santos Figueiredo Junior acid06 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 17 04:00:25 CET 2006

On 3/16/06, A. Pagaltzis <pagaltzis at gmx.de> wrote:
> Well, those are exactly what better ORMs make easier to do.
> Without joins, a database is little more than a more structured
> flatfile.

But you can get joins with Class::DBI::Sweet.

Anyway, I'm not exactly aware of what are all the benefits of
switching to DBIx::Class. I did it mainly for two reasons: it's
somehow faster than Class::DBI::Sweet and it is the preferred Catalyst
ORM.

But I'd also be glad if all DBIx::Class advantages against
Class::DBI::Sweet were enumerated, just for the sake of knowing it.

-Nilson Santos F. Jr.