[Catalyst] nothing printed

Nilson Santos Figueiredo Junior acid06 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 19 16:26:32 CET 2006

On 3/19/06, Octavian Rasnita <orasnita at fcc.ro> wrote:
> Now it "works" pretty strange. If I fill the form then submit it, sometimes
> it doesn't submit even if pressing the "submit" button for more times.
> Sometimes it gets submitted, but the result is "page not found".

The first thing you should do is disable "friendly error messages" if
it's turned on in IE preferences dialog.

The second thing you should do is to run the Catalyst server as:

  perl myapp_server.pl -r -k

That "-k" option is needed to circumvent an IE bug. The "-r" option is
really just convenience, since it will restart the server everytime
you change any of its files. So the changes are updated instantly.

My suggestion is that you quit using IE and switch to Firefox. Only
switch back to IE when you want to test and see how much it screwed up
your CSS and how many hacks you should add in order to support it.

-Nilson Santos F. Jr.