[Catalyst] nothing printed

Octavian Rasnita orasnita at fcc.ro
Sun Mar 19 16:57:00 CET 2006

From: "Nilson Santos Figueiredo Junior" <acid06 at gmail.com>
> The first thing you should do is disable "friendly error messages" if
> it's turned on in IE preferences dialog.

It was the first thing I already did, because I remembered that I had a
similar problem because of this IE bug.

> The second thing you should do is to run the Catalyst server as:
>
>   perl myapp_server.pl -r -k
>
> That "-k" option is needed to circumvent an IE bug. The "-r" option is
> really just convenience, since it will restart the server everytime
> you change any of its files. So the changes are updated instantly.

Oh great! Now the test works fine!
Do you have any idea what is the IE bug that prevents this working?
I hope I won't have it when using Catalyst with Apache.

> My suggestion is that you quit using IE and switch to Firefox. Only
> switch back to IE when you want to test and see how much it screwed up
> your CSS and how many hacks you should add in order to support it.

Unfortunately I cannot do that. I am blind and the only real accessible
browser for my screen reader is for the moment IE.

Thank you for your help.

Teddy