[Catalyst] IE conflicting with the built-in server

Nilson Santos Figueiredo Junior acid06 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 19 17:36:25 CET 2006

On 3/19/06, Matt S Trout <dbix-class at trout.me.uk> wrote:
> If it requires a copy of IE, it's not a test case, it's merely a means of
> reproducing the bug. What we need to be able to do is script the damn thing so
> we can have a proper poke round at the code and figure out what the underlying
> cause is.

Since it's an IE bug you'd be trying to work around it's probably
pretty hard to do anything without rewriting its unknown, brain-dead
behaviour of handling stuff.

I think that maybe these efforts would be better spent doing two things instead:

1 - Documenting this behaviour somewhere in the Catalyst docs, since
it's a known issue that *will* bite every Windows developer;

2 - Trying to improve the built-in server so that it's not *that*
sluggish while running with the "-k" option - it's sluggish to the
point of being annoying.

1 is an easy task, I'd do it myself and provide the patch if I'd know
*where* exactly this should be written. 2 might be somewhat
problematic and I don't know any details of how it's implemented or
why it happens.

-Nilson Santos F. Jr.