[Catalyst] IE conflicting with the built-in server

Bill Moseley moseley at hank.org
Sun Mar 19 18:08:47 CET 2006

On Sun, Mar 19, 2006 at 01:36:25PM -0300, Nilson Santos Figueiredo Junior wrote:
> 1 - Documenting this behaviour somewhere in the Catalyst docs, since
> it's a known issue that *will* bite every Windows developer;

I briefly looked at the problem using ethereal some weeks ago, and
IIRC, what I saw was that the catalyst server was returning one packet
with the HTTP status and then a continuation packet with the rest of
the HTTP headers.  And in between those two I could see IE re-sending
the initial request.

I didn't look further, so that could be a red herring or just my
complete misreading of ethereal.

--
Bill Moseley
moseley at hank.org