[Catalyst] IE conflicting with the built-in server

Octavian Rasnita orasnita at fcc.ro
Sun Mar 19 18:43:26 CET 2006

From: "Bill Moseley" <moseley at hank.org>

> On Sun, Mar 19, 2006 at 01:36:25PM -0300, Nilson Santos Figueiredo Junior
wrote:
> > 1 - Documenting this behaviour somewhere in the Catalyst docs, since
> > it's a known issue that *will* bite every Windows developer;
>
> I briefly looked at the problem using ethereal some weeks ago, and
> IIRC, what I saw was that the catalyst server was returning one packet
> with the HTTP status and then a continuation packet with the rest of
> the HTTP headers.  And in between those two I could see IE re-sending
> the initial request.
>
> I didn't look further, so that could be a red herring or just my
> complete misreading of ethereal.

I have also noticed that there are 3 requests in the log saved by
tutorial_server.pl, one with a GET method (the first display of the form),
and 2 POST requests, even if I have submitted the form only once.

I don't know exactly, but I am not sure this happened every time.

Another thing I have noticed is that sometimes, the first form submit did
not do anything, but the second submitted the form, and a page not found
error appeared.
In any stage of this process, a page refresh (control+F5) did not make
appear that window message telling that the page has expired and ask if I
want to retry sending the data, like always happends in case of POST
requests.
So it was like when not using a form with a POST request at all.

Teddy