[Catalyst] Config problem with C::P::A::S::LDAP under mod_perl

Scott Karns scottkinsf at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 21 22:26:30 CET 2006

--- Scott Karns <scottkinsf at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hello all.
>
> I am developing a simple app to allow my users to
> review the status of their pyKota print quota stats.
> am using Catalyst-5.66 and, among other plugins,
> Catalyst::Plugin::Authentication::Store::LDAP-0.03.
> am using C::P::ConfigLoader for configuration from a
> YAML file. When running the built-in server, I have
> no
> problems. Users are correctly authenticated, roles
> are
> handled as intended and my Rose::DB based Models
> function correctly. However, when I run the app in a
> mod_perl2 environment (apache-2.0.55-mpm-prefork and
> mod_perl-2.0.2), I get the following error:
>
> [error] Can't use an undefined value as a HASH
> reference at

/usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.7/Catalyst/Plugin/Authentication/Stor
> e/LDAP/Backend.pm line 100, <DATA> line
> 225.\nCompilation failed in require at (eval 6) line
> 3, <DATA> line 225.\n
>
> This error is reported after the Loaded components,
> Loaded Private actions, Loaded Path actions, and the
> MyApp powered by Catalyst 5.66 reports in the logs.
>
> I'm still digging, but if anyone else has
> encountered
> this or has an idea as to where to look, I'd be very
> appreciative.
>
> Cheers,
> Scott

Well, I'm still digging. I tried the app running under
FastCGI on apache2 -- same error.

BTW, there were some typos and apparently some apache1
vs. apache2  issues I encountered in C::M::Tutorial
while trying to get the app running as a FastCGI
script. Most obvious was the spelling of SetHandles
(should be SetHandler.) Apache2 didn't care for the
FastCgiConfig directive either.

-Scott