[Catalyst] Config problem with C::P::A::S::LDAP under mod_perl

Scott Karns scottkinsf at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 21 19:21:51 CET 2006

Hello all.

I am developing a simple app to allow my users to
review the status of their pyKota print quota stats. I
am using Catalyst-5.66 and, among other plugins,
Catalyst::Plugin::Authentication::Store::LDAP-0.03. I
am using C::P::ConfigLoader for configuration from a
YAML file. When running the built-in server, I have no
problems. Users are correctly authenticated, roles are
handled as intended and my Rose::DB based Models
function correctly. However, when I run the app in a
mod_perl2 environment (apache-2.0.55-mpm-prefork and
mod_perl-2.0.2), I get the following error:

[error] Can't use an undefined value as a HASH
reference at
/usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.7/Catalyst/Plugin/Authentication/Stor
e/LDAP/Backend.pm line 100, <DATA> line
225.\nCompilation failed in require at (eval 6) line
3, <DATA> line 225.\n

This error is reported after the Loaded components,
Loaded Private actions, Loaded Path actions, and the
MyApp powered by Catalyst 5.66 reports in the logs.

I'm still digging, but if anyone else has encountered
this or has an idea as to where to look, I'd be very
appreciative.

Cheers,
Scott