[Catalyst] Session handling under heavy usage

Edric ehankamo at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 22 19:58:18 CET 2006

"May infrequently drop, erase, or corrupt your session data at seemingly
 random, and impossible to predict intervals."

 that is exactly what happens to me :-(

apv <apv at sedition.com> wrote: On Wednesday, March 22, 2006, at 10:30  AM, Yuval Kogman wrote:
> The probability that two simultanous requests will both want to
> *write* to the session data is low, so that's why this locking crap
> hasn't been done yet (it's slow and hard).

Oh... that is not so good and comes as a bit of a shock to hear you say
it
since I've been admiring your work on Catalyst for a long time. The
probability
of race conditions in any kind of read/write system is very low but
since
it absolutely will happen given enough time, locking is mandatory for
anything that could be considered professional. Or else it should have
a big note in the BUGS which says:

"May infrequently drop, erase, or corrupt your session data at seemingly
random, and impossible to predict intervals."

Your fan (and fan of safe data),
Catalyst mailing list
Catalyst at lists.rawmode.org