[Catalyst] Session handling under heavy usage

Yuval Kogman nothingmuch at woobling.org
Wed Mar 22 20:21:31 CET 2006

On Wed, Mar 22, 2006 at 10:58:18 -0800, Edric wrote:
> "May infrequently drop, erase, or corrupt your session data at seemingly
>  random, and impossible to predict intervals."
>
>  that is exactly what happens to me :-(

But you said it happens for different users...

It doesn't corrupt the data. The scenario is:

	$c->session->{key}++

when done simultaneously by two requests from the same session will
cause the counter to sometimes be lower by one than expected.

Please post debug logs, code, and a more accurate diagnosis and we
can help you further.

 /\  kung foo master: /me sushi-spin-kicks : neeyah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!