[Catalyst] Looking for co-devs with catalyst knowledge

Daniel McBrearty danielmcbrearty at gmail.com
Thu Mar 23 11:48:50 CET 2006

Hi all,

I have a project (see my signature) which is related to language learning.
At the moment it's pure mod_perl/mysql.  I am now looking about open
sourcing the project and encouraging other similar sites to come into
existence.

I am looking at porting the app to catalyst and improving the code structure
and features before releasing as an OS project.

One of the key requirements that needs to be met is a robust translation
system. There is already a system in place (all the text for the site is in
the db, there is a seperate "translators" site that allows phrases to be
translated into any given language) which works reliably, but the code is
not that maintainable. It pretty much wants a rewrite using catalyst + TT
(at teh moment it's pure CGI + lots of print statements ... OK, I know ...)

The system as it stands is "crude but effective" (though certain key
features like RTL text are currently not working ...)

A benefit that might come to the catalyst community from this could be a set
of powerful translation/I18N plugins, if we get things right.

I'm basically snowed under just doing admin on this site right now (it's
currently going into another 12 languages with teh help of a lot of
volunteer translators, and I also work a "day job" and have a family) and
just don't have enough steam to put into the coding.

SO (to get to my point) if there are any catalyst people out there who have
time available and would be interested in working on such a project, please
let me know and we'll talk.

thanks,

Daniel

--