[Catalyst] InstantCRUD and DBIx::Class::DB

Adam Thick adam.thick at strategicdata.com.au
Thu Mar 23 12:06:29 CET 2006

Hi to everyone,
I have happily been using InstantCRUD and I think it's great!
I need a little help with my understanding of the Model Classes it
generates though. InstantCRUD creates DBIx::Class::DB Model Classes and
I'd like to go with the recommended DBIx::Class::Schema way of doing
things.
Firstly, cause I'd like to continue using InstantCRUD, is there a way to
make it generate Schema driven classes? I've been attempting the
translator stuff in the DBIx::Class::Manual::Cookbook to see if I can
easily translate my db classes into schema ones without much success as
yet... which led me to think maybe I'm going about this in the wrong
way? or maybe I'm just plain wrong about it all?

Should I keep using InstantCRUD? is there something different or better
to use?

Thanks,
Adam Thick.