[Catalyst] task::Catalyst doesn't copy catalyst.pl to local/script for non-root install.

Thomas Hartman tphyahoo at gmail.com
Fri Mar 24 15:33:36 CET 2006

I was following the instructions I put together a couple months ago on
installing cat in a non-root environment, at

http://dev.catalyst.perl.org/wiki/Dreamhost

Since CatInABox is down, I did this the hard way, with install
task::Catalyst. Unfortunately, catalyst.pl doesn''t get copied to
~/local/script like it should. The man pages and the .pm files get
copied to the local dir ok, but not catalyst.pl. I think this was
working at one point, but stopped working sometime in the last couple
of months.

So, maybe this can be put on the to do list somewhere. For now, I
updated the above wiki page with
Step 3a

cp .cpan/build/Catalyst-5.66/script/* local/script

This copies catalyst.pl to a directory in your $PATH, so you can exe
it from anywhere.

This probably should have done automatically by task::Catalyst, and I
think at some point it did, but not anymore. So I had to fix this by
hand.