[Catalyst] Image::Magick [ was Re: CatInABox corrupted? ]

Christopher H. Laco claco at chrislaco.com
Fri Mar 24 18:26:55 CET 2006

Len Jaffe wrote:
>> "Christopher H. Laco" <claco at chrislaco.com> wrote:
>> I converted the site to Catalyst under mod_perl,
>> then moved it to
>> mod_fastcgi in a fit of rage against Image::Magick.
>> I used the static
>> fcgi method, so I have / aliased to catalyst. I
> I'm curious about your I::M probelms.  I'd love to get
> the benefit of your experience.  I::M saved my life
> once when GD hit pallette size problems.  If I::M is
> gonna be a pill, I'd appreciate knowing in advance :-)
>
> Thanks.
> L.

My only problem with Image::Magick was that when it was pre loaded into
mod_perl2/apache (ala LoadModule CatAppThatUsesImageMagick), apache
would core dump. The same site works in the dev server, and under FCGI,
so it's some problem between Image::Magick, mod_perl2, and preloading
vs. mem sharing.

-=Chris