[Catalyst] How to install handel demo?

Christopher H. Laco claco at chrislaco.com
Fri Mar 24 18:37:58 CET 2006

Thomas Hartman wrote:
> I'm trying to install Handel as non-root on my dreamhost server.
>
> Managed to get make install without an error.
>
> Now what? For other catalyst apps my next step would be to run
> handel_server.pl, but that doesn't exist. Maybe I'm misunderstanding
> what exactly handel is.

First, have you been through this?
http://www.perl.com/pub/a/2005/11/17/handel.html

I haven't tried it in 5.66, so there might be some template/path issues,
but it's a solid example of how to get started with Handel.

> Whatever the case, how do I get my own server serving up pages that look like:
>
> http://handelframework.com/demos/catalyst/products/

That page is a human generated page. Handel is just low level cart/order
i/o stuff, with no knowledge of things like products, product pages, etc.

There are long rumours of starting a catalyst/handel based ecommerce
package, but so far, I've not started one.

-=Chris