[Catalyst] Session

Wade.Stuart at fallon.com Wade.Stuart at fallon.com
Tue Mar 28 21:10:31 CEST 2006

> > 2- How could I control a user's session, in other words, a user
> > can login at one machine only; if that user (or someone else)
> > tries to login at another machine at the same time, the previous
> > login will be kicked out. Please give me some sample code that I
> > could start with.

Please also note that this will also cause a person browsing your site that
also opens it in another type of browser to get failures (the new browser
would make a new session).  Also if the user deletes his browser's cookies
etc and goes back to the site before the previous session has expired you
will get a false block of the account.  This is usually not a problem --
but if you are using this type of system to find pay site abusers don't
take action such as disabling accounts on a few of these hits over a long
period -- and offer a way to "fix" this blockout.