[Catalyst] Pulling My Hair Out with DBIx::Schema For Authentication and Authorization

Matt S Trout dbix-class at trout.me.uk
Wed Mar 29 20:07:04 CEST 2006

hkclark at gmail.com wrote:
> On 3/29/06, Wade.Stuart at fallon.com <Wade.Stuart at fallon.com> wrote:
>> I was under the impression that this was fixed a long time ago in core to
>> take the more specific match? If I remember correctly there was a huge
>> thread on how it should search and what the outcome should be after the fix
>> was applied.
>>

> I should have probably mentioned that I'm running Catalyst 5.66.  So I
> guess it's not fixed there (assuming we are talking about the same
> issue... but they certainly sound related).

It's -sort of- fixed. The problem is that $c->model does a prefix-based match,
so while 'Foo' will match MyApp::Model::Foo or MyApp::M::Foo correctly, if you
give is MyApp::Model::Foo then the exact match is looking for
MyApp::Model::MyApp::Model::Foo et. al., which fails leaving it to fall back
to the search.

In trunk, model/view/controller simply don't do the search at all -
$c->$meth($name) either returns an exact match or nothing, which should result
in an early obvious fail.