[Catalyst] Catalyst::Model::DBIC::Schema and result classes

Richard Jolly Richard.Jolly at bbc.co.uk
Fri Mar 31 13:19:45 CEST 2006

On 30 Mar 2006, at 10:56, Richard Jolly wrote:

> I'm trying to get started with C::M::DBIC::Schema. I have an existing
schema
> defined, but C::M::DBIC::Schema does not seem to be picking up custom
result_classes .

> The schema is defined like:

> PIP::Schema;
> PIP::Schema::Pip           # source/table definitions
> PIP::ResultSet::Pip        # custom resultset classes
> PIP::Pip                   # result class additional methods

[snip]

I may have my terminology wrong. By 'result class' I mean the target
class(es)
created by DBIx::Class::Schema::compose_namespace. I'm not sure what
these
should be referred to as.

I think I've narrowed down the problem somewhat. C::M::DBIC::Schema
calls compose_namespace, passing in the in the catalyst model class as
the target
namespace. So for my C::M::DBIC::Schema class, Pips3:M::PIP, I get
target classes
like Pips3::M::PIP::Pip.

Which would be ok, except that the methods defined in PIP::Pip are no
longer visible.