[Catalyst] RFC: HTML::Widget / Ajax / Catalyst

Nilson Santos Figueiredo Junior acid06 at gmail.com
Thu May 4 22:33:55 CEST 2006

On 5/4/06, Sebastian Riedel <sri at oook.de> wrote:
> That will never work, there are always callback constraints and
> things like that.
> I'd prefer to use Ajax and validate server side using the original
> Perl constraints.

How about doing whatever is possible in plain JavaScript and the
falling back to server-side validation through Ajax? There could also
be a second fallback to pure old-style server-side validation.

HTML::Widget::JavaScript is something I used for some small projects.
It worked well for me on those really simple cases but it currently
lacks substance, customizability and is not that well-designed
overall. I'd rather deprecate/remove it from CPAN and use a better
solution, if someone makes it available. Or maybe I'll try to distort
the time-space continuum and find some free time to develop it
further, who knows.

-Nilson Santos F. Jr.