[Catalyst] Translations for error message

Matt S Trout dbix-class at trout.me.uk
Fri May 5 22:52:55 CEST 2006

Wade.Stuart at fallon.com wrote:

> catalyst-bounces at lists.rawmode.org wrote on 05/05/2006 03:08:27 PM:
>
>> Tatsuhiko Miyagawa wrote:
>>> s/jp/ja/
>>>
>>> "jp" is for the country Japan and "ja" is for the language Japanese.
>>>
>>> Also, has anyone suggested to make the language selection automatic,
>>> using Accept-Language header recognition, rather than listing them
>>> all?
>> Suggestions in the form of a patch and tests would, I'm sure, be
>> greatfully received :D
>
> I am slightly offended that no Americans have not pushed the obvious
> solution.
>
> (en) Please come back later.
> (others) PLLLEEEEAAASSSEE  CCCOOOOMMMEEE BBAAACCCKKK LLLAAATTTEEERR.
>
> I have found repeating the English version very slowly and loudly gets the
> point across when traveling abroad. =)

A good friend of my $boss was in Germany once and went into a shop for a
pack of cigarettes, and found there was another english guy in front of
him. The english guy tried this approach at some length, met repeatedly
by "I am sorry I no speak english" in a broad German accent from behind
the counter. Eventually he stormed out muttering darkly under his
breath. $frined_of_boss went up and attempted in his very hesitant
German to order his cigarettes. The reply? "Don't worry, your accent's
excellent for a beginner. What would you like?"