[Catalyst] Translations for error message

Dave Hodgkinson davehodg at gmail.com
Fri May 5 23:28:52 CEST 2006

On 5 May 2006, at 21:08, Matt S Trout wrote:

> Tatsuhiko Miyagawa wrote:
>>>         (jp) 後ほどお越しください
>>
>> s/jp/ja/
>>
>> "jp" is for the country Japan and "ja" is for the language Japanese.
>>
>> Also, has anyone suggested to make the language selection automatic,
>> using Accept-Language header recognition, rather than listing them
>> all?
>
> Suggestions in the form of a patch and tests would, I'm sure, be
> greatfully received :D

No don't do this. Long story, but presuming people's language
preferences
based on what their browser sends is a recipe for receiving irate emails
along the lines of: "why do you force my native Portuguese on me? my
English
is good enough you know..." etc. etc.

Trust me. My INBOX has felt the pain.

--